Welcome to Episode 4! Today I am answering the following questions (copied directly from my blog):
1. Dr. Chris. I have recently had the white composite material used in both sides of my lower teeth, after the first, I noticed a crack down the middle of the tooth, it wasn’t a large filling, only a surface filling, and I am surethe crack wasn’t there before, and when I went back in after complaining, he said it wasn’t a crack, he said it was a natural indentation, but my husband saw it also, it WAS a crack, which probably happened due to expansion. So my dentist drilled in the middle of the crack and filled it with more white composite. I have so much pain, which he said should get better, but it has been 3 weeks. then he filled more cavities on the other side, which now hurt also, they were just surface fillings. I have never been in so much pain, and now feel sick, and nauseous. I’m sick about how much money I have spent there now, and feel ripped off, because I feel I need to pay yet another dentist. Does he have any financial obligation to me? I originally had one tooth that needed help. Now my whole mouth is in pain. I never really asked him to do the other work, and thought he had talked to my husband about this work, but he hadn’t, and now I am in the thousands!
2. Hi Dr. Chris I had 6 cavities(which I am NOT proud of) filled with composite filling in less than 20 minutes (I think the dentist wanted to quickly get it done) and 3 of those teeth are bothering me (I haven’t been to a dentist in 2-3 years before this) and everyone is saying it’ll wear off its a constant pain and pain killers didn’t even take care of the job they are all molars and its a deep down into my jaw tooth ache that won’t go away what is wrong/can I do to stop it.
3. hi Dr. Chris, I found this blog through Google. Two weeks ago I got 7 fillings after a lifetime of NOT ever having cavities. All of the fillings are composite. 2 days later I got braces put on. Most of my teeth are adjusting nicely to the pain of braces but the back molars I got filled not only hurt, but whenever I bite down on something harder than soft canned fruit my teeth feel like I am biting down on rocks! The pain is excruciating! And of course I want to be a good braces patient so I am brushing and flossing, but flossing between the teeth with the fillings actually makes me cry.
4. I had to have dentures and as I suspected they look like all the others out there, fake. I want to get them redone elsewhere but trying to find a good honest dentist is not easy, they all say they can do a good job and I don’t believe 1-800 dentists is the way to go either the dentists pay fee yearly to be on that list and that doesn’t mean they are any good. I live in Washington State, Thurston county and was hoping you could recommend somebody. Thank you for your time.
5. I went two days ago to the dentist here in Louisville to get a filling. It turns out I needed three major fillings. The dentist did the main part then her student helper filled it.and now I have pain where I haven’t had pain at before. I can still eat and all that. She told me if I have pain to come back and get it taking care of, the main tooth that needed to be refill was an possible extraction I would rather do that than an root canal as they where suggesting. I wanna find a new dentist , it no one here really takes my insurance. What should I do?
Thank you for listening and feel free to leave comments or feedback should you want a question answered yourself.